Gridded Time Series & WRG
Vortex BLOCKS is a GIS file, a WRG file, a TAB file, and it is a sub-hourly time series at each grid point. All of them can be obtained by filtering through different variables such as time of day, season, or stability.
When to use BLOCKS?
- When you need more than the joint distribution of wind speed and direction for your wind energy analysis.
- When you plan a precise curtailment strategy.
- When you need to filter custom distributions, for example, by season, time of day, or stability.
- Simulated at 100 m horizontal resolution.
- Fully selectable areas in terms of size, location, and orientation.
- Areas up to 1500 km².
- One-year 30-minute time-series at each grid point.
- Possible to calibrate with measurements: 4D Remodeling.
- Output formats: KML, ESRI grid, WRG files, WRB files, and TXT format compatible with OpenWind.
- Available heights between 30 m and 300 m.
- User-defined sector WRG files.
- User-defined WRG & GIS filters, allowing for time selection or variable conditioning filters.
We store now the full simulations on our servers, allowing customized deliverables to be generated after a run has finished. This features extraction of time series at any location in the requested domain, user-defined filters for WRG & GIS layers, and improved 4D remodeling.
As BLOCKS is delivering time series in addition to WRG & GIS files. We compute a specific one-year period or a long-term representative. In this case, we simulate a 365 consecutive day period as the most representative of the long term and use the well-tested “rolling one-year” method employed in our LES product.
We have used the knowledge we have gleaned together with new storage solutions. We have added a set of new innovative tools to offer client-customized solutions that adhere to the Vortex philosophy: on-demand and fully automated.