Wind Resource Grid (WRG) files
Probably the most complete modeling product on the market: long-term statistics at all heights within an area plus high-resolution temperature, mean wind speed, extreme wind speed (VREF) and turbulence intensity maps. Now with the ability to be calibrated with measurements.
When to use FARM?
When the wind farm area is already selected but not yet the turbine locations or their class.
- Fully selectable areas in size, location and orientation.
- Up to 100 m resolution.
- All heights between 50 and 150 m.
- Unlimited met mast measurement inputs for calibration purposes.
- Unlimited turbine location outputs within the selected area.
- Wind speed histograms with their Weibull fits.
- 16 sectors wind direction rose.
- 50 years extreme wind speed (Vref) via 30 years Gumbel fit.
- Characteristic turbulence intensity distribution in speed bins.
- Sector-wise inflow angle and vertical shear.
- Exportable to Google Earth KML, ESRI grid and WAsP WRG files for WindPro, WindFARMer, OpenWind.
Would you like to learn more?
Watch Vortex FARM tutorial: