Virtual Met Masts
Vortex MAST has been designed to help you in the important decision of placing a real met mast on the field. For a small fraction of the price of a real mast, Vortex MAST will give you a fairly accurate clue as to which may be the best of several candidate sites.
When to use MAST?
Just before the decision of installing a real met mast must be taken.
- Any location world-wide, both on and off-shore.
- Computed at 100 m resolution.
- Any height between 50 and 150 m.
- 1 year (for validation purposes) or 20 years.
- Wind speed histogram with its Weibull fit.
- Uncertainty ranges derived from an ensemble calculation.
- 16 sectors wind direction rose.
- Table cross referencing wind speed and direction.
- Mean temperature & density.
- Exportable to industry-standard TAB format for WAsP, WindSim, Meteodyn.