Wind Farm Icing Probability
Vortex ICING provides a fairly reasonable estimate of the combined probability of frost and wind between critical thresholds.
When to use ICING?
Before the decision of starting development in cold-climate must be taken.
- Any region worldwide, both on and off-shore.
- 100 m horizontal resolution.
- Fully selectable areas in size, location and orientation.
- Maps of minimum temperature and maximum density.
- 6 decreasing temperature thresholds.
- Maps of days per year with temperatures below thresholds.
- Maps of hours per year with icing rate above critical threshold .
- Table wind speed and direction during icing periods.
- Based on 10 years simulations.
- Exportable to Google Earth KML and ESRI grid.
- Makkonen Ice Accretion time series for a full 10 years.